With less than two weeks to Christmas, the festive season is in full swing.
Christmas parties fill our weekends, and with that often comes an endless spread of naughty festive food and boozey beverages.
But did you know, the average Australians gains about 0.8-1.5kg over the Christmas period?!
And while that may not sound like a lot, research shows us that weight gained over the holiday period is rarely lost.
This not only leaves us with the extra weight, but with overwhelming feelings of guilt, shame and disappointment… and that’s no way to go into the New Year.
So to help you avoid putting on that extra holiday weight, without feeling like your missing out, I’ll be sharing my 5 Favourite Guilt-Free Aussie Summer Recipes.
Guilt-Free Recipe 2: PRAWN & MANGO RICE PAPER ROLLS
- 12 large rice paper wrappers (22cm)
- 2 ripe medium avocados
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 large carrot
- 1 cucumber
- 1 cup shredded Chinese cabbage
- 1 ripe mango
- Handful of coriander leaves
- Handful of fresh mint leaves
- 12 large Australian cooked tiger prawns, peeled and halved length-ways
- Step 1: Halve and remove the seed from each avocado, then peel and cut each into 6 slices. Drizzle the avocado with lemon juice (this stops it from browning).
- Step 2: One at a time, soak the rice paper in warm water until softened, then place on a board.
- Step 3: Put 2 prawn halves into the center of the rice paper. Add remaining ingredients.
- Step 4: Fold base of the wrapper over the filling, and fold in the sides. Roll up like a cigar, pressing the edge to seal.
- Step 5: Place on a tray and repeat with the remaining wrappers and filling.
If you enjoyed this post and would like more healthy recipes and fitness tips, join my free Facebook group Perth Women Wanting To Be Fitter, Happier And Healthier community.
Did you miss Recipe 1: Watermelon & Feta Bites of this series?
This is for you: