Here it is, as promised. The first of 7 Tabata Inspired HIIT Workouts.
It doesn’t matter if you’re a gym junkie, prefer training in the privacy of your own home, or haven’t moved a muscle in years, these workouts have been designed to challenge and inspire you to get your body rocking.
So let’s get started.
What you’ll need:
- Your body
- A small amount of floor space
- Timer or watch/clock with a second hand
- Water bottle
- Yoga Mat
- Favourite music
If you’re using a programmable timer (or phone), set it for 20 and 10 second intervals. The 20 seconds will be your ‘work’ interval, whilst the 10 seconds will be your ‘rest’ time.
The number of intervals you will be doing can be determined by either how much time you have to workout and/or your level of fitness.
- Beginners: 2-3 rounds | 7-10 minutes
- Intermediate: 3-6 rounds | 10-21 minutes
- Advanced: 7-10 rounds | 24-35 minutes
Once you’re ready to go, hit the start button and get moving!
- Star Jumps
- Lunges [Advanced option: Jumping Lunges]
- Wall Sit
- Burpee [Beginner option: Step in rather than jumping in and out at the bottom of the burpee]
- Push Ups [Option: Knees or feet]
- Plank Toe Taps [Beginner option: Hold the plank on your knees]
- Leg Raises
If you’re unsure how to perform any of the exercises, have any questions, or would like alternative exercises, don’t hesitate to give me a buzz.