Summers in Australia are amazing.
Our weekends are full of barbecues at the beach, picnics in the park, and spending a lot of time laughing with friends over a meal and drink or two.
But being in a calorie deficit when your trying to lose weight can make going out to events difficult for many, especially when we know there’s going to be a lot of food to deal with.
Trying to lose weight or building a healthier lifestyle shouldn’t mean we have to choose between enjoyment or punishment, socialising or missing out, food or starvation.
So to help you avoid putting on that extra holiday weight, without feeling like your missing out, I’ve put together a list of my 5 Favourite Guilt-Free Aussie Summer Recipes.
Guilt-Free Recipe 5: MANGO & YOGURT POPSICLES
- 3 ripe mangoes, skin and seed removed, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup no added sugar vanilla yogurt
- Step 1: Place mangoes in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth. Transfer to a bowl.
- Step 2: Add vanilla yogurt and gently fold until mixture is just combined. Spoon the mango mixture evenly among 6 large or 8 medium ice-block molds.
- Step 3: Place in the freezer for 8 hours or until firm.
If you enjoyed this post and would like more healthy recipes and fitness tips, join my free Facebook group Perth Women Wanting To Be Fitter, Happier And Healthier community.
Did you miss Guilt-Free Recipe 4: WARM TURKEY & RICE SALAD of this series?