Summers in Australia are amazing.
Our weekends are full of barbecues at the beach, picnics in the park, and spending a lot of time laughing with friends over a meal and drink or two.
But being in a calorie deficit when your trying to lose weight can make going out to events difficult for many, especially when we know there’s going to be a lot of food to deal with.
Trying to lose weight or building a healthier lifestyle shouldn’t mean we have to choose between enjoyment or punishment, socialising or missing out, food or starvation.
So to help you avoid putting on that extra holiday weight, without feeling like your missing out, I’ve put together a list of my 5 Favourite Guilt-Free Aussie Summer Recipes.
Guilt-Free Recipe 3: PISTACHIO-CRUSTED SALMON WITH TZATZIKI SAUCE
- 8 small salmon fillets
- 160g pistachios, finely chopped
- 1/2 bunch dill, chopped
- 1 lemon, zest finely grated
- Olive oil spray
- 2 cups low-fat plain
- Greek yogurt
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice Salt and pepper, to taste
- Step 1: Preheat oven to 190C or 170C fan-forced. Line a large baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Step 2: Combine pistachios, dill and lemon zest in a bowl. Press the pistachio mixture to the top side of each salmon fillet, coating them evenly. Spray with oil.
- Step 3: Bake salmon for 5 minutes, then cover loosely with aluminum foil and cook for a further 5 minutes. Uncover and stand for 5 mins before serving.
- Step 1: Squeeze excess liquid from the cucumber.
- Step 2: Combine the all of the ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Taste, adding more salt if needed.
Note: You can refrigerate the sauce for 1 hour before serving or leave refrigerated overnight to maximise the flavours.
If you enjoyed this post and would like more healthy recipes and fitness tips, join my free Facebook group Perth Women Wanting To Be Fitter, Happier And Healthier community.
Did you miss Recipe 2: Guilt-Free Recipe 2: PRAWN & MANGO RICE PAPER ROLLS of this series?