With less than two weeks to Christmas, the festive season is in full swing.
Christmas parties fill our weekends, and with that often comes an endless spread of naughty festive food and boozey beverages.
But did you know, the average Australians gains about 0.8-1.5kg over the Christmas period?!
And while that may not sound like a lot, research shows us that weight gained over the holiday period is rarely lost.
This not only leaves us with the extra weight, but with overwhelming feelings of guilt, shame and disappointment… and that’s no way to go into the New Year.
So to help you avoid putting on that extra holiday weight, without feeling like your missing out, I’ll be sharing my 5 Favourite Guilt-Free Aussie Summer Recipes.
Guilt-Free Recipe 1: WATERMELON & FETA BITES
- 1/2 cup pistachio kernels
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 120g feta
- 1kg seedless watermelon, peeled and cut into cubes (approx. 36)
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- Step 1: Heat a small frying pan over medium heat. Add pistachios. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until light brown. Transfer to a bowl. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Step 2: Place pistachios, lemon rind, pepper and salt in a food processor. Process until finely chopped. Transfer to a shallow bowl.
- Step 3: Cut feta into 2cm wide slices. Starting from 1 short end, cut each slice into 5mm thick slices.
- Step 4: Place 1 watermelon cube on a plate. Top with 1 mint leaf followed by 1 piece feta. Insert toothpick into stack. Place on platter.
- Step 5: Repeat with remaining watermelon, mint leaves and feta. Serve with pistachio mixture.
If you enjoyed this post and would like more healthy recipes and fitness tips, join my free Facebook group Perth Women Wanting To Be Fitter, Happier And Healthier community.
Need help surviving all of the upcoming holiday events?
This is for you: