This has to be one of my favourite quick and healthy recipes at the moment.
- Served in crispy fresh lettuce cups, this recipe is perfect for those warm summer days.
- It can be served as a meal on it’s own, or as an entree… if you can resist eating them all that is.
- If you have 10 minutes and one pan, you can whip up this recipe.
- This recipe has been beefed up with some extra vegetables. That way you’ll be that little bit closer to getting you’re daily 5-6 recommended servings.
- You can place left overs in the fridge for the following day. Simply remember to keep the lettuce cups separate from the mince.
San Choy Bow
Under 10 minutes | Low Carb | Lunch/Dinner
- 500g pork mince
- 1 small iceberg lettuce (core removed)
- 1 medium onion (finely diced)
- 200g mushrooms (sliced)
- 1/2 can of corn (drained)
- 3 carrots (or less, we just had a lot)
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 4 small or 1 large spring onion (sliced)
- 2 tbs oyster sauce
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tsp ground chilli (optional)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Heat a wok over high heat until hot. Add a tablespoon on peanut oil if it’s not non-stick then add onion and garlic. Stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Adding pork mince and stir-fry for 3 minutes, breaking up mince, until the mince is just cooked through.
- Set aside 1/3 of the spring onion for garnish. Add remaining ingredients (excluding lettuce) to mince.
- Stir-fry for 2 minutes. Meanwhile, separate the lettuce into leaves.
- Serve mince family style with the reminder of the spring onion on top, allowing everyone to make their own cups as the meal progresses.
So if you’d like to succeed in 2019 and become happier, healthier, fitter and more confident, become part of the Konquer Fitness community and receive weekly updates on the latest tips, advice and knowledge to help you hit all your health and fitness goals.
Do you have a favourite quick and healthy meal you love to cook? I’d love to hear about it… Leave me a comment below and let me know!